In the fall of 1934, St. Gertrude School opened its doors for the first time, admitting forty children in grades one through eight. Three Dominican Sisters from St. Cecilia Congregation in Nashville, Tennessee, oversaw the education of the children. Following a rise in enrollment in the 1940’s and 1950’s, the school expanded its building to expand its student capacity.
In August of 2006, St. Gertrude’s 72-year-old building was replaced with a new school building. This multi-million-dollar project is a testimony to the zeal of the parishioners for the children of St. Gertrude. This devotion to our children continues as we educate them in accordance with the teaching of the Catholic Church and form them into well-rounded disciples of Jesus Christ. St. Gertrude School now serves over 320 students.