St. Gertrude School offers academic excellence in the Dominican tradition: preaching truth, practicing virtue, and loving one another in Christ.
Philosophy of Education
St. Gertrude School embraces a philosophy which is committed to the education of children in partnership with parents. The school is committed to:
- enhancing the child’s sense of self through the development of God-given talents.
- aiding parents in their child’s spiritual, intellectual, and emotional development.
- helping students to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- a loving respect for all people, in recognition of their God-given dignity.
- a positive focus on the virtues, striving for heaven.
- love for the Church and teaching all subjects in relation to the truths of faith.
- the on-going faith formation and professional development of our faculty.
- living as a family of faith, serving the needs of others.